1. When we’re silent it’s probably because we’re NOT thinking about anything…so don’t ask what we’re thinking about
2. We most likely “miss” the toilet bowl while peeing because we ARE thinking and not paying attention (I come up with the greatest ideas while in the bathroom).
3. We don’t ask for directions or read instructions because it’s in our genetic makeup to figure things out ourselves
4. And when we eventually figure out that we’re wrong…we don’t need you to point it out.
5. Guys don’t forget to do things on purpose. We just simply forget…
6. Bro time is different from “girls night out.” We don’t need fancy food and table service to have fun.
7. Men are simple creatures - our bestseller would be called “Two Shades: Black and White”
8. When you ask for fashion advice and a guy doesn’t give you an immediate answer it’s probably because he genuinely doesn’t have a clue
9. Men will find juvenile/slap-stick humor funny forever
10. It’s not that men don’t have style, we just like wearing the same thing over and over again.
I guess everyone’s a little hipster inside…
Probably shouldn’t buy clothes from Uniqlo anymore (it’s like a girl’s version of Forever21)…
1. I absolutely murder songs - I will honestly listen to the same song on repeat 20x until I puke (song of the moment - http://soundcloud.com/search?q%5Bfulltext%5D=chuckie+breaking+up).
2. Being superstitious even though I’m religious.
3. Having 20 Windows open at work and feeling so overwhelmed you can’t get anything done.
4. Inability to sleep until I’ve watched something. Example - I couldn’t sleep last night so I watched Final Destination 5. Seriously??
5. Somehow spending every single dollar in my wallet when I’m out. I mean you have to actively be trying to waste money when you don’t any have singles left.
6. Getting jealous when I see a friend wearing something I planned on getting. It’s like they stole something from you that wasn’t yours yet.
7. Being a creature of habit when it comes to food - if I find something I like, I’ll eat three times a week for a month and then get so sick of it I wont eat it again for years.
8. The need to check your phone when you have nothing to check - EX. scrolling through your email, FB, insta, twitter, kakao, whatsapp while you’re waiting in line to go to the bathroom.
9. Feeling anxious staying home b/c you think you’re going to miss out on the most EPIC NIGHT EVER (serious FOMO).
It must’ve been 100 degrees out as I was waiting for the Crosstown 57 (for you uncouth NYers, crosstown buses are a gem in the city) and I was passing my heatstroke time people watching. It was a just a mundane sight, but something about this couple caught my eye. A man and his pregnant wife were nearing their car after a probable stroll through Central Park. She must have been 8-9 months pregnant and looked upon their SUV like she had been thinking about sitting for the past hour. Meanwhile her husband rushed ahead. Had I not been paying attention, it seemed like he was just rushing to get to their car. Instead, I noticed that he was rolling down each car window and starting the car’s A/C - so when his wife sat, she wouldn’t singe her skin on 100 degree leather. He patiently took her bags, hoisted her into her seat and then snugly buckled her in. They drove off tired but with a pleasant smile across their faces.
It was a simple sight, but the patience this man had his for wife was love that no Ryan Gosling character could recreate…I thought to myself - that guy’s gonna make an awesome dad. Happy Father’s Day.